So many chocolate cravings, so little time!!
If you agree with that statement, then this post should be the answer to your prayers. This recipe takes less than 10 minutes to prep and cook... and eat, if you are a chocolate monster... and I certainly hope you are ;)
Oh yeah, and this recipe is 100% healthy and totally guilt free.
YES. Gimme gimme. Like, now.
So get rid of any boxed mixes and make this instead. You will save your day a chunk of time while saving your body from the white sugar, harmful hydrogenated oils and refined flour in a storebought mix. It's hard to believe that this individual chocolate cake is filled with fiber and protein and made without butter and eggs!
This moist and fluffy chocolate cake is the perfect breakfast, snack and/or dessert. I love to eat it as is, because it is quick, hassle-free and 100% chocolate, but you can top this with your favorite nut butter, fruit, yogurt, maple syrup, etc, the choices are endless!
Single-Serving Chocolate Quinoa Flake Microwave Cake: [sugar free, low fat, high fiber, GF, vegan]
7g (1 tbs) Ground Flaxseed
1/3 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
62g (1/4 cup) Unsweetened Applesauce
10g (2 tbs) Regular Cocoa Powder (unsweetened)
2-4 packets Truvia
1/8 tsp Salt
34g (1/3 cup) Quinoa Flakes
1 tsp Baking Powder
1. Line a 5" baking dish with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
2. In a bowl, stir together the flax and almond milk.
3. Stir in the applesauce, cocoa powder, truvia and salt. Let sit for ~3 minutes.
4. Stir in the quinoa flakes, then the baking powder.
5. Microwave for 3 minutes and 30 seconds, or until surface springs back when touched. Let cool slightly then dig in!
Only 220 calories and 6g of fat for such a rich and satisfying chocolatey breakfast/snack/
I am one happy girl.
inspired by Healthful Pursuit (love. her. recipes!)